Question: How can I become a Software Engineer
Software engineering (SE) is the application of a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the design, development, operation, and maintenance of software, and the study of these approaches; that is, the application of engineering to software. People who is mainly handling with software engineering known as Software Engineers.
Courses and streams
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics and Instrumentation
The branches like Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering etc. also eligible to apply for the various aptitude test conduction by the software companies. But preference will be given to the candidate who studying in computer related subjects like Computer Organization, Software Engineering and various computer languages during engineering.
If you are not getting selected in the Entrance Exam or didn’t get chance to go for engineering study, This stream will help you to become software engineer.
You have to study any of the courses given below during graduation
- Bachelor of Computer Applications
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- BSc. Information Technology
- Any Bachelor degree with Mathematics as a subject (some times any degree also counts!!!, with some courses like Java, C, C++, Testing, Web designing, SAS, DBA etc).
Companies like Wipro, Infosys, IBM are conducting the aptitude test after graduation. They will publish the notification in various newspapers and the websites. If you pass the aptitude they will post you as a software engineer trainees and will give the chance to pursue Masters degree in computer science in the affiliated universities.
You can also go for the post graduation your own for the following courses after graduation.
- Master of computer applications MCA
- MSc Computer Science
- MSc in Information Technology.
Important to note
You should gain the following to pass the aptitude test and the interviews after that to get a ticket to your dream companies
For aptitude test
- Analytical aptitude skill
- Mathematics skill
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of computer topics like various computer languages, Operating system etc.
- Knowledge of computer languages like Java, C, C++, Testing, Web designing etc.